How to Choose the Best Indian Bookmaker? Betting has gained massive popularity in recent years in India, where many people wager money on their favorite sports while a lot of newcomers join the league every year. If you are one of those newcomers and confused about where to start and how to choose the best […]
In India, many cricket tournaments occur every year. This contributes to the game’s fan-base and opening up a vast market of cricket betting. Although India serves as one of the biggest gambling markets, gambling is not entirely legal in India and is governed by some policies. Indian punters may be dismayed at the fact that many bookmakers working worldwide do not offer their services to them.
Online betting is not regulated on a federal level at present—with some Indian states banning the betting business. Therefore, Indian players need to be very careful and look at your local laws and regulations to be safer.
The massive market of in-play live cricket betting in India attracts a vast majority of punters who bet on cricket and are serious about making a profit off their love for the game. Thus, they need to develop a cricket betting strategy—all that is covered in this cricket betting guide.
Cricket Betting Guide and Sport Betting Strategy
Here’s a detailed cricket betting guide to assist and guide the Indian punters through all that takes betting and winning by wagering on cricket.
How to Bet on Cricket?
A punter can bet on the winner of the toss or winner of the match, top batsman, or on the top bowler and lots of other specialized betting markets. So, here is a cricket betting guide to get you started.
- Choose a game format to wager on
- Find the betting market that suits you the best
- Know if you are betting for fun or earning
- Be prepared for losses
- Look for the best odds on different betting sites
- Don’t drink and bet
How to Win in Cricket Betting?
The betting guide will provide you tips on making money over time betting on that outcome and becoming a profitable bettor.
- Make multiple accounts – open a betting account with multiple bookmakers. This ensures that you pay less to place your bets since betting sites are competitive on price. This means that you lose less on your losers and make more on your winners, thus serving a profitable deal for you.
- Arbitrage – punters can try this as betting on all possible outcomes will guarantee a profit, no matter the result. This will require you to have multiple accounts with different bookmakers.
- Read and research – Though recreational punters often ignore this tip, it is really beneficial for the professional ones. Read cricketing betting guides and related books. Research about current data regarding individual players, their performance, matches, weather, injuries, players’ form, in different formats, etc.
- Choosing the right bookmaker – look for a legitimate and lucrative betting site that allows punters to win. Preferably, look for one that won’t cap winners to making small bets and offers bonuses and promotions to help you make extra profit.
This cricket betting guide also includes information about the betting exchanges. These are transactions made between gamblers, and the bookmaker charges a small commission ranging between 2% to 5%. This transaction proceeds only once the other gambler matches the bet.
The exchanges allow bettors to support a particular player or team by wagering on its win, while the other gambler wagers on the same player or team to lose.
Therefore, Indian punters need to be cautious while choosing their best preferable betting exchange site. Of the couple of bet exchanges that accept Indian players, here are some of the recommended ones:
- Royal Panda
Cricket Betting Terminology
Here is a list of the most common cricket betting guide terms used:
- Draw-no Bet – when you bet on either win or lose—the only two possible outcomes in the betting market, without the possibility of a draw. If the game ends as ‘draw’, single bets on the match get refunded.
- Lock – When your bet is expected to win easily.
- Underdog – The team which is expected to lose the match.
- Value – Getting the best possible odds on a bet.
- Dead Heat – The bet is worth half the original stake when there are two or more winners in a betting event.
- Over/Under – A bet on whether the total runs scored by the two teams will be more or less than a particular number by the online betting provider.
- Team to make the highest 1st six overs– the team scoring the highest runs over the first six overs wins the bet.
- Point Spread – It is a handicap bet, in which a stronger team is expected to defeat the weaker one—only for betting purposes.
- Series Score – Betting on the correct score of Test Series matches.
- 1st Over Total Runs – To anticipate whether the runs in the first over will be less or more than the limit specified beforehand by the betting provider.
- Futures – Betting on events occurring in the future, like betting on the winner beforehand.
- Hedging – Placing bets on the opposite side, generally to cut losses in case the original bet is lost.
- 1st Wicket Method – Predicting and betting on the way the 1st Wicket will be taken.
- 50 or 100 runs to be scored in the match–Wagering on scoring 50 or 100 runs in a match. The odds are the highest for Twenty20 matches, and low for Test matches.
- 50 or 100 runs to be scored in the 1st Innings– Wagering on the number of runs in the first Innings. These bets are offered only for the longest version of cricket matches. The two possible bets are – Yes and No.
- To Win the Toss – Betting on which team wins the coin toss before the match.
- To Win Outright – Betting on the winner of a competition or series in which more than one match is played.
- Most Match Sixes – Betting on the team, which will hit the most sixes.
- Most Run-Outs – Betting on the team, which creates the most run-outs while. If both teams stand equal, the winning bet is “X.”
- Highest Opening Partnership – The team which fields the opening partnership with the highest total of runs is the winner in this market.
History of Cricket in India
India was granted the official test cricket status in 1932. The Indian cricket team led by CK Nayudu played its first test cricket match from 25th June – 28th June 1932 against England. India was considered a weak cricket team for a long time. However, its status and capability changed from the 1950s and is a major force to reckon with today.
India won their first test match against England 20 years later. It also won its first series victory against Pakistan the same year. The team was then globally recognized when it won the 1983 World Cup in England.
Since then, India’s reputation in the world of cricket has had its fair share of highs and lows. Today Indian Cricket Team works under the guidance of the Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI) — the most professional set up in the sports, and lately, the Indian cricket boasts of the best infrastructure among all other sports.
The coin toss is the coin flipping before beginning the match. Its main purpose is to identify which captain of the team will have the right to decide whether his team will perform in the 1st Innings. The coin toss winner is important for people who are interested in live betting. However, no one can accurately predict who is going to win the toss, but one can predict which team will have the more chance of winning the toss. Moreover, the statistics have shown that the winning percentage for the team winning the coin toss is quite significant.
Choosing a good bet and bad bet depends on different factors such as the surface of the pitch, type of the game (knockout/round-robin), team-composition, whether it is ODI, Test Match, IPL, Twenty20, etc. Overall, there’s no defined rule to predict what the captain will choose to do after winning the toss as they, too, consider the above-mentioned factors.
Handicap betting often appears confusing at first but is offered by most of the bookmakers to make sport betting more fun. It makes the betting business more interesting and gives teams a head start. Handicap requires a team to score one more run than their handicap for a bettor to win the bet. This is usually offered when one team is far superior to the other, thus making betting against a superior team more equal and interesting. The handicap market attracts a huge number of customers as it actually makes the win in betting difficult, and hence gives an adrenaline rush to the bettors.
The bookie sets the odds in handicap betting, but the prices may fluctuate even during the cricket, depending on how much money is at stake on one side of the market. The handicap betting terms can change even during live betting according to the current score of the game.
How to Open Indian Betting Account?
Here is a step-by-step betting guide for you to open your account and start betting on cricket online:
- Open the bookmaker site of your choice
- Click on the ‘Register Now’ button.
- There will a signup form which you need to fill with your personal details such as name, Date of Birth, Address, contact information, Language preferred; Currency preferred, Username, and Password.
- Then a screen will display whether and will confirm that your account has been created along with your username and password.
How to Choose the Best Indian bookmaker?
With the surge in a number of cricket bookmakers, it is important to investigate before wagering on a site, and then decide upon the best one. The following are some criteria one can refer to:
- Bonuses and promotions
- Software and mobile app
- Bookmakers which offer stats and research
- Convenient payment methods
- Customer support
Betting Guide: How to Start?
Cricket is an ideal sport to bet on and is immensely popular in India. It offers a variety of bets—including from short term bets to the ones which can last for up to 5 days. Indian cricket bookmakers are evolving each day in terms of innovation and technology. With hard work, excellent marketing strategies, and consistency, these platforms have established a vast market for betting enthusiasts in India.
Therefore, this complete cricket betting guide will assist all newbie and professional punters in getting started with online cricket betting in India.
How to open a betting account in a bookmaker? Firstly, you will have to select a betting site you want to register with, and you should keep in mind some essential factors while selecting an online betting platform. Remember one thing, always go with a licensed platform; it ensures your funds’ safety and security. Take […]
Handicap in betting meaning Handicap betting is a way for bookmakers to make sports betting more fun. It actually makes the win in betting difficult, and hence gives an adrenaline rush to the bettors. Handicap betting requires a team to score one more goal than their handicap to win a bet. This is usually done […]
Toss Prediction — How to do the Fast prediction Sports betting is one of the most popular ways through which you can earn a make a maximum amount of money on investing a minimum amount. You should know that cricket is the most popular game on which most of the bettors wager their money and […]
History of Cricket in India Being England’s national summer sport, Cricket is now played throughout the world. It is the most beloved sport in India. Millions of lovers tune in on TV, watching local matches, or playing it themselves every year. Today, betting fanatics also started cricket betting online on mobile. Thanks to the technological […]
Terminology in cricket betting Cricket is one of the most popular sports in India, and there is no doubt about it. With an emerging fan base of cricket, another thing that also gained much popularity is the legal online cricket betting. It is such an engaging sport that offers players a chance of betting online. […]
Best Betting Exchange for Indian Players Are you an advanced cricket punter from India? Register at the best cricket betting exchange in India today. Although betting exchanges is a less famous method of betting on sports, they are more commonly used by the highly experienced gamblers in India. They provide a wide variety of betting […]
List of Cricket Rules Cricket is one of the most wonderful games of skill, tactics, and athletics globally, with millions of fans from many countries, especially India. However, if you are passionate about this game, you need to know the basic cricket rules and regulations first. Let’s start! Cricket originated in England and is now […]
How to win cricket betting — Fast guide for cricket bettors Are you fascinated by the game of cricket and eagerly follow all matches of ‘Men in Blue’? Do you apply your cricketing knowledge to bet on the sport? Do you constantly scroll the search engines and look for how to win cricket betting tips? […]
How To Bet On Cricket Online — Steps Guide If you’re a cricket fan looking to make some more money, you might be wondering how to bet on cricket? Indians are so passionate about cricket; it probably even eclipses the Romeo-Juliet and Laila-Majnu affair. Every cricket fan looks forward to the IPL season, Champions Trophy, […]