Want to be part of the Indian cricket betting rush? There is nothing more exciting than IPL as the Indian Premier League is a great way to make money for online players. Every year each season of the IPL keeps bookmakers and bettors hooked with the entertainment. Whether you are new in betting or an experienced one or a novice bettor or just an occasional bettor, Indian premier league is intended for everyone who loves betting.
All the matches of IPL show chaotic participation on a national scale, and bets are drawn in huge volumes and turnover is delivered with high margins. In case you win, you could make more crazy money. Once the season starts, there is always a match to place a bet every day!
Each IPL match lasts no more than 3 hours, each round continuing for 75 to 90 minutes with an interval of 10 to 20 minutes. In short, it does not end soon like other matches. Therefore, there are all the possibilities of high turnover without ever getting bored. For those who like to win real rupees by betting on online cricket matches, the IPL is a golden opportunity that presents itself once a year.
So, whenever this international cricket phenomenon begins, start looking for the best Indian IPL betting sites online as they are the only one who will surely help you to earn a huge amount of money on IPL bets. Plus, you do not have to do homework on matches, teams and players. Just place a bet, win and repeat!
What is IPL 2020?
The Indian Premier League 2020 is popularly known as IPL 13 which was scheduled to be held on 29 March 2020, but due to the pandemic situation all over the world, it was suspended by BCCI and postponed to start in September 2020.
IPL was launched in the middle by the Board of Control for Cricket and India (BCCI) in 2007. The suggestion for this cricket tournament is based on a Twenty20 franchise from international sports leagues. Today, IPL has reached many heights in the competition, which was started with a disagreement between the BCCI and the Indian Cricket League supported by Zee (ICL).
Over time, IPL successes have encouraged analogous tournaments in other countries. From them, the most remarkable were the Bangladesh Premier League, Big Bash League in Australia, and the Caribbean Premier League.
Best IPL betting sites
Although face to face betting is not legal in India, there are still opportunities with betting sites based outside the country. Many online bookmakers also cater to Indian residents, some even offering special welcome offers. Betting sites like Bodog, LeoVegas Sport, Betway, Bet365, 10Cric, etc. are perfect for the IPL.
How to bet on IPL?
To place a bet on the Indian Premier League 2020, you must become a member of one of the authorized sites by simply registering. You must visit the official page of any online betting site.
- Click on “Registration” button and fill in some details
- First and Last name
- Date of birth
- Email and Phone Number
- Agree on the terms and conditions and click on the “Submit” buttonAfter filling in all the fields, you must confirm your intentions and do so, enter the SMS code or by clicking on the link in the email. Once all these details are approved, you access your account and place your bets on the IPL tournament.
- Recharge your account with real money via Neteller, Skrill or any other payment option as per the site.
- Choose the IPL match you want to place a bet, and choose the option from several bets.
- After selecting the bets, choose your stakes. Once done, click “Place a bet”.
That’s how you can place a bet on the IPL with any online betting site in just a few steps!
IPL betting types of bets
There are various options available for betting on IPL online, so no matter what you choose, there are chances that you will find the standard offers for yourself.
Besides the regular bets, there are also variants of these, as well as special prop bets that you can bet on if you like something incredibly more exotic or specific. Here are some examples:
- Match winner: Bet on who wins the match
- To win the throw: Bet on who wins the draw
- Match handicap: Bet on a winning team by more than a given spread
- Best Team Batsman: Bet on the Batsman will score the most points, for each team
- Top Team Bowler: Bet on the player takes the most wickets
- Highest opening partnership: Bet on the team will score more points before losing its first wicket
- 1st out of total races: Bet on how many points will be scored in the first part of the match
- Total number of points in the match: Bet on/under for a given number of points
- Total Match Sixes: Bet on how many six the two teams will score in total
- Higher number of matches: Bet on the team that will score more than six
- 1st window method: Caught, Bowled, LWD, Run Out, Stumped or others
- Fall of the 1st window: Bet on how many points will get the batting team score before the fall of its first wicket
- A Fifty scored in the match: Bet on someone score a 50 before the match ends
- Man of the Match: Bet on who will be chosen as the man of the match
Best team to bet on IPL
The best team to bet on IPL is the Mumbai Indians as they have won IPL four times as well as defending champion.
While the three-time winner is Chennai Super Kings and the 2016 winners, SunRisers Hyderabad, are second in the list. It is however interesting to note that Mumbai never succeeded in defending an IPL identity.
IPL betting advice – how to make money?
Once you have chosen the best IPL betting site where you want to place a bet, it is highly recommended that you should also evaluate the other betting websites’ odds. With the research, it has been proved that some of the bookmakers available online also offer higher betting odds for the same betting market. Plus, keeping a close eye on the betting odds available in the market can help you earn more real money by betting on IPL.
Here we have also provided you with the IPL betting advice and tricks that will help you make more money while placing a bet on IPL matches.
- Do your research
- Choose a reputable website
- Read widely on IPL bets
- Team analysis
- Match variables
- Location and weather
- Place your bet wisely
Overall, The IPL offers you several opportunities to win; you must know how to bet correctly to increase profit. There are many ways to take advantage of IPL betting online, which helps you determine your strategy.
What is the best site to bet on IPL?
It depends! Only a bettor can know which site is best for him/her to place a bet on the IPL match. Some might appreciate the website that offers payouts and bets in a specific currency (like INR for example), while others enjoy the site with huge sports games, casinos to place a bet would be the best option.
Hence, the websites we have mentioned in our list is simply a result of all the features that we value personally, and the factors that we know are in favour of punters, and accordingly list randomly those that we think are on average the best betting IPL sites for an online betting user.
Welcome Bonus: ₹15 000
Bodog India – Bodog is a new online betting India for Indian players. This site has a strong focus on cricket, which is probably one of the main reasons they are so popular in India. You can bet on as many different cricket matches and tournaments, both from the IPL and internationally.
- Convenient payment methods
- Excellent welcome bonus
- super-fast and efficient customer service
Welcome Bonus: up to ₹30 000
Betway – For more than ten years, Betway has been among the best options for those betting on IPL on the internet. Betway is the best choice as they offer a huge collection of different cricket matches from international T20 to IPL for Indian and worldwide punters. You can also enjoy the tremendous range of test series, tournaments, and leagues from all around the world. Plus, also provide cricket betting tips from the experts throughout the match.
- Allows deposits and withdrawals in Indian rupee
- Attractive bonus and promotions
- Safe to join, secure and mobile-friendly
Welcome Bonus: 160% up to ₹16 000
Dafabet – The Dafabet has a special area for cricket lovers where punters can bet on the IPL and can enjoy the all exciting action. The site also gives them a chance to bet on the main international matches and national matches and tournaments organized in India and other countries, including Africa, Australia, and so on.
- Excellent 24/7 customer service
- Offers a special esports bonus
- Flexible withdrawal limits
- Secure and wide range of games
Welcome Bonus: up to ₹20 000
10Cric – 10Cric is a famous sports betting site in the Indian market as punters can deposit and withdraw in Indian currency. It offers a massive amount of sports and games slots to explore for punters. Plus, there is a good choice of cricket markets and high odds, so this is a great betting website for IPL gambling and a safe place to play for real money.
- Convenient payment methods
- Extremely generous sports betting odds
- Reliable, clean, and easy-to-use site
Welcome Bonus: up to ₹10 000
Bet365 – Bet365 focuses strongly on sports betting and has a dedicated cricket division for cricket lovers. It covers an extensive choice of all major cricket matches like live betting IPL, pre-match markets and props bets, and this is one of the reasons why they are used by many professional cricket bettors worldwide.
- Extensive sports offers
- Live betting 24/7
- Accepting Indian Currency
- Fast and secure payments
As you can see, there are plenty of generous and legal betting India websites in the market. Therefore, if you are looking for the one that is right for you, you need to do your research, but a good place to start would be to look at the top of the list we mentioned.
Is IPL betting legal in India?
How long does the Indian Premier League last?
How many teams are involved in IPL?
Which team has never won the IPL?
The IPL cricket tournament in India plays a significant role in the entertainment as well as in the economy of the country. And if you are a cricket lover and want to place a bet on IPL matches, you can use the offshore websites (mentioned above), without worrying about legal action. These are fully reliable platforms for betting and do not require any legal documents for verification during the time of registration.
But, due to the global coronavirus epidemic, the start of the 2020 Indian Premier League has been postponed by the BBCI after the Indian government extended travel bans and the national lockdown for an indefinite period.